UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Sunday, March 20, 2016

See How I'm Doing On My Weight Loss Journey

#JourneyToBetter

Another month has past, the second since I started this journet of mine. It began when I did a one month review of Personal Trainer Food. They sent me one month of their foods and I followed one of their meal plans for that month. I felt so incredible at the end of that first month, that I made the decision to try to continue the plan on my own.


Honestly, it has not been easy. Once the packaged food I had been sent ran out, I truly had to relearn fixing meals and buying groceries. It was made even more difficult by the fact that I still have my husband and son to cook for, and they aren't on the same plan I am following.

For the most. part I am pretty proud of myself. It has been tough, because it seems temptations are everywhere. I have succumbed to a couple homemade cookies and I've missed more days of exercise than I care to admit. But I keep thinking about the issues I was having before I started this journey and I know I don't want to go back to that.

I had joint pain in my toes and my hands. My knees were in terrible shape, partially from old sports injuries and partially from my being so out of shape. I was having headaches with increasing frequency. My moods were bad. I had lost my happy self. I didn't feel good overall and there were days of sleeping half the day because I was just tired, even when I shouldn't have been. I had horrible cravings for all the foods that I now know were feeding the viscious circle. 

My second month of this journey, my first month solo, got off to a rocky start. I felt like I was spinning my wheels trying to figure things out. I wouldn't have thought it would be so hard after a month of learning with the PTF food! But I have stuck with it. Like with a lot of things I may have stumbled, but I keep trying to move forward. 

So how much further have I come? Well, I increased my exercise time to about 45 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes of riding my bike. I am getting stronger. It didn't really occur to me until one day when my husband said his head hurt that I haven't even had a headache since I started this journey. All the joint aches and pains are gone. Completely gone. During the first month I lost 12 pounds, 4 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my hips and 1 1/2 inches off my bicep. This month I have lost an additional 6 pounds, 1/2 inch off my waist, 1 1/2 inches off my hips and a half inch off my bicep. I had really hoped for at least 8 pounds, so I was slightly disppaointed in myself. However, I had to remind myself that 18 pounds in two months isn't too shabby. 


My "Before" Photos - Two Months ago














After Two Months











While not eating bread and flour based products hasn't been much of a problem at all, I still get cravings for sweets. I am working to contain those! I am sort of setting a goal for 8 pounds for my third month. Now that I know how I did on my first month solo, I know I have to stay on my toes and stay motivated to not miss my workouts and to watch those sneaky sugar cravings. 

Are you trying to lose weight? How do you stay motivated? How are you doing on your quest?

No comments: