UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Review: Lumenx Mountable Bike Light

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
If you ride a bike regularly or even just once in awhile, this is a handy item to have. This LumenX Front Bike Light is not only super easy to mount and use, it is a powerfully bright 2-in-1 headlamp/flashlight. I received one of these lights to review and it has many great features and uses. This headlamp can help make you visible to other traffic or to signal if you need help.
With the warm weather finally here, my son and I will be out riding our bikes both around the rural area where we live and at area parks. The roads around our house are typical curvy, hilly rural roads. People generally slow down when they encounter others no matter the mode of transportation being used, but I am still rather frightened of not being seen by cars while we are riding. Especially if our ride takes longer than we planned and we start losing daylight! This headlamp will help us be seen by others from a further distance.
You won't need any tools to attach the light. Simply unscrew the bottom bolt to open up the padded C clamp, and it easily slides over the handle bar and tightens to stay firmly in place. Easy Peasy!



Once tightened, push the on/off button on the bottom of the flashlight and you're ready to go! The light has a bright CREE Q5 bulb to effectively light your path every time. The LED light is virtually shockproof and has a higher output and longer life span than other incandescent bulbs. With just a twist you can zoom the light in for a more focused beam. A second push of the on/off button and the light will blink in flash mode. Push the button once more to turn it off. 
The Headlamp turns into a flashlight by unscrewing the side bolt and sliding the light out of the clamp. Again, super easy. 


The LumenX Front Bike Light is made of military grade aluminum so it is tough and durable. The advanced "O" rings make it waterproof, so no worries if you get caught in the rain, sink in a puddle, peddle into a pond or land in a lake!

Another great item in this package is the tail light for added visibility. It easily attaches with rubber strap/hook. It is also made of tough aluminum. The tail light can be on steady or flashing mode with just the press of the lens.




This is a super simple, affordable way to add more visibility, some added protection to your biking adventures.


You can find the LumenX Front Bike Light on Amazon.com.



DISCLOSURE: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. The opinions stated are 100% my own and may differ from yours. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

Tony said...

I like the idea that I can use the LumenX bike light as my every day carry flashlight.

The Happy Clown With A Frown said...

I do too Tony! I also like that it has the flashing function that could be used in an emergency. I hadn't considered a light for my bike, but I'm glad to have gotten this one!