UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Friday, March 21, 2014

Review: The Original Butter Bell® Crock

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I received a Butter Bell® Crock to review and offer my opinion. I've known people that leave their on the counter and often wondered whether you were supposed to do that. It seemed kind of weird after spending my whole life being taught refrigerated items needed to stay refrigerated. Needless to say, I was really freaked out a few months ago when a I learned if you re-apply the bloom to (store bought) eggs, they can last for months and months in the fridge.... or out! 
When the Butter Bell® Crock arrived I had never seen anything like it and had never heard of this technique for keeping butter. I did learn that this is a modern version of the original French butter crock. I wasn't sure what to expect. So I got out the butter and let it get soft enough to work with. After it softened, I followed the directions to fill the crock.
After washing and drying the crock, I used a spoon to pack the butter into the red bell shaped part. I wasn't sure it would hold an entire stick of butter, but it did! I then added about 1/4 of a cup of cold water to the striped crock.

Then I turned the bell upside down and placed it into the crock. That's it! So simple! The cold water provides an airtight barrier and at the same time the temperature of the water keeps the butter just cool enough while leaving it completely spreadable. And the water doesn't alter or change the butter in any way. Amazing! The Original Butter Bell® crock allows butter to be kept at room temperature, on the counter or tabletop, for up to 30 days without spoilage, refrigeration or odors. Made from New Bone China, the highest quality ceramics available, the Butter Bell crock insures that under reasonable, correct usage, butter storage time can be up to 30 days. Most Butter Bell users consume a crock’s worth of butter within one week.  

The Butter Bell® crock holds up to one full stick (1/2 cup) of butter. Soft, spreadable butter may be enjoyed and served right from the crock. Proper maintenance: Water should be changed out every three days. Replace existing water in the base with fresh, cold water.

We have been using it for the last week and I love it! There is no more waiting for butter to soften, no more microwaving and ending up with a stick of liquid. We had waffles for breakfast last weekend, and it was great to smear on a little butter without tearing up our waffles. I made toasted cheese sandwiches one night as part of dinner and with this little gem, I was able to butter the bread without mangling the slices or leaving them unrecognizable shreds. I love this new addition to my kitchen! 
The Butter Bell crocks are 4 inches in height and 3.5 inches in diameter. There are multiple styles and several colors to choose from.
Butter Bell® Crock is a brand name of butter crocks owned and distributed by L. Tremain. They are the brand leader and largest seller of butter crocks in the US. The product line was also recently featured on the Food Network on the show "Unwrapped" which is shown on their website - http://www.butterbell.com/how-to-use-butter-bell-crock/ .
There is a terrific Mother's Day Special Offer coming up - For every two Butter Bell crocks that you purchase, you get a free crock. What a great gift for all the cooks in your family! Check out the Butter Bell® Crock website for complete details of the offer. The offer will run through April 2nd to May 15th 2014. 
You'll also want to visit their site to see all the styles they offer as well as other kitchen essentials and tools.

Watch for a giveaway right here on The Happy Clown With A Frown too! One winner will receive an Original Butter Bell® Crock of their own!


Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: