UW_BVSoP441ZptlAexCuE42zA8M

Welcome! I invite you to join me on this journey we call Life. It's crazy, fun, silly, sad, happy, loony, dull, exciting and everything in between

Friday, August 30, 2013

Sad Goodbyes

     You wake up each day with a plan or a to-do list, things you know you have to do and your mind starts trying to organize those thoughts into something rational, something orderly. Then something happens that alters the plans, shatters the thoughts, and throws orderly into the wind to blow away. This morning was that day. We got one of those calls you never want to get. Our wonderful Uncle Larry passed away unexpectedly last night.  It was his birthday. I am so sad that my thoughts are scattered. I am trying to focus on something good. Larry was the type person that when he came in the room, everything brightened. He almost always had a smile on his lips and a hearty laugh that made everyone else in the room laugh. He was so very talented too. He worked in radio for several years and was an on air radio personality. He also was the voice of many, many radio and television commercials for businesses and events in our local area. Too many to count. His distinctive voice coming out of the radio or on the TV never failed to make us smile and say "It's Uncle Larry!" He was also a very talented photographer with his own photography studio. I loved talking cameras with him and getting advice from him. He was so open to sharing his knowledge. He was a prankster and was known to pick up my camera at family get together's and take pictures for me to find later! 
I am thinking of his family today and my heart hurts for them. His wife, their three children, his parents, siblings..... I know we are all in shock and it is going to take time for this to sink in. The next few days are going to be tough. I'm going to miss him terribly. I will forever wish we had all had more time together.
Goodbye Uncle Larry. Thank you what you gave to all of us.

     

No comments: